World Travel Guide is the flagship digital consumer brand within the Columbus Travel Media portfolio
The World Travel Guide website provides a comprehensive guide to the world’s best travel destinations, providing informative and inspirational travel content for an audience of global travellers.
As well as comprehensive information on all aspects of travel – from visas and passports to hotels and restaurants – we provide practical and up-to-date guides on cruise ports and airports, ski and beach resorts, festivals and events. Whether you’re interested in the Northern Lights or the best place to see the US eclipse, WTG has all the information you need on how to get there, where to stay and where to eat. Our features cover everything from space tourism to the world’s best ice creams, how to go on a gorilla safari in Rwanda or how to find the Big Bend National Park, the hidden gem of Texas. If your travel tastes are less exotic, we’ll tell you about family breaks in Wales or the best German beaches. From budget to luxury, we’ve got the information you need.
Written by a worldwide network of expert travel writers, our English language content includes:
- 323 country guides with detailed sections on attractions, events, passport and visa information for UK, EU, USA, Canadian and Australian passport holders, weather, public holidays and more;
- 210 city guides with in-depth sections on hotel and restaurant recommendations, shopping, sightseeing, city-specific events and more;
- 394 airport guides with detailed sections on transportation options, terminal facilities, hotel recommendations and terminal maps;
- 112 ski resort guides, detailing climate statistics, piste information, après-ski options and hotel reviews;
- 262 beach guides with sections on best beach spots, family fun and exploring beyond the beach;
- 91 cruise port guides with information on sightseeing options, when to visit, shopping and restaurant recommendations
- A wealth of inspiring travel articles, covering everything from colourful in-depth destination reports and opinion pieces, to quirky top 10 lists and monthly ‘Where to go on holiday’ features;
- A fantastic selection of travel images and videos;
- A biweekly newsletter featuring competitions, travel deals and a curated selection of editorial content.
Updated every day by a dedicated editorial team, World Travel Guide attracts over 1 million unique users monthly.
The World’s Best Destination Information For Over 30 Years
It’s fair to say that having been around for over 30 years, The World Travel Guide is probably the best source of key information on many of the world’s most popular destinations. Our content is used by many organisations around the world as both resource and source of engaging content for their own use.
For general web users it’s free to use as a resource for helping to plan and research destinations and itineraries for holidays, short vacations and business trips. Our clients also include educational establishments and the travel industry at large, who use the World Travel Guide as a key resource in their own programs.
For more information, visit www.worldtravelguide.net.